Business Development Engineer
Advanced Powder Products, Inc. (APP) is hiring a Business Development Engineer to join our rapidly growing technology company. For over two decades, APP has been developing and manufacturing complex net-shape components using metal injection molding (MIM) and 3D metal printing technologies for the firearms, medical, industrial and defense industries. Our proprietary technologies, ProtoMIM® and Printalloy® position APP as the first choice for some of the largest Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) in the country. We design, engineer and produce metal components that improve the performance of our clients' medical devices, hand tools, firearms, and sporting goods.
At APP, we realize that we are only as good as our people. For that reason, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes paid vacation, sick time, paid holidays, 401k with company match, profit sharing, medical, dental, vision, long term and short-term disability life and AD&D insurance.
Guided by four core values, we tackle complex challenges and push the boundaries of the industry. We encourage fun. We strive for excellence. We foster accountability. We promote transparency. As we continue to grow, APP looks to hire self-driven individuals who move fast and think big. We are just getting started! PLEASE PROVIDE A PERSONAL E-MAIL WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION
The primary focus of the Business Development Engineer is to identify and capture new business opportunities to meet APP’s growth objectives by providing MIM & 3D printing solutions to the OEM market. The individual will present APP’s capabilities, competitive advantages and core values to new and existing clients. As a liaison between the client and manufacturing, the Business Development Engineer must ensure the client’s needs are consistently exceeded.
- As a goal-oriented position, the individual must drive growth of profitable sales through APP's core technologies, proven process and customer focused approach
- Possess the aptitude to convey technical and mechanical concepts to all audiences
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of APP technologies and price structure
- The successful candidate is expected to lead idea generation, innovative and creative problem solving for clients
- Proven ability to build successful client relationships that result in ongoing sales.
- Conduct research to identify, prospect, scope, and qualify new sales leads
- Grow profitable sales by supporting new service development and market launches
- Support new client onboarding process
- Collaborate with application engineers to build cost estimates
- Travel to current and prospective accounts to better understand client needs and identify solutions to enhance customer experience
- Develop complex and individual sales approaches for each client
- Prepare/present quotes and proposals to clients according to their business model and timelines
- Maintain meaningful relationships with clients to establish and ensure customer satisfaction
- Responsible for logging and updating all activity into Salesforce
- Invest in APP vision and core values and champion them as we grow
- Follow the standards of ISO 13485 and ISO 9001 International Standards
- Bachelors' degree in Engineering, Business Management, Marketing or related discipline
- 3-5 years of sales/customer service experience in a B2B environment (Combination of education and experience will be considered)
- Ability to display mechanical and technical aptitude – print reading, tool design, design for manufacturing
- Experience with customer management software such as ACT!, Salesforce, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook • Ability to generate revenue by identify pain points and suggesting suitable solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proper phone etiquette and ability to remain professional in challenging situations
- Preferably an extrovert, the individual must be a goal-oriented, influential and collaborative self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and technologies quickly
- Willingness to travel