The Engineering Technician responsibilities include prototype, fixtures, and tooling design and fabrication. Support the new product introduction process from tool design though first article inspection.
Education and/or Experience:
- Engineering associate degree or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook, Minitab
- Experience with Solidworks and MasterCam or equivalent
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to operate vertical and CNC mills, surface grinders, molding machines, or furnaces
- Ability to travel to vendors ,customers, etc.
- Must be highly safety conscious
- Able to move injection molds
- Work performed in a manufacturing environment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate various equipment – Extruders, Molders, Furnaces, CNC, EDM, Surface grinders, 3D Metal Printers
- Design, build, and setup machining, sizing and secondary metal working operations
- Utilize engineering programs ie: Solidworks, MasterCam for prototype, tooling and fixture design
- Assist with the design and approval of injection molding tooling
- Assist implementation of robotic systems
- Perform and document manufacturing and engineering process activities
- Identify solutions to technical problems
- Document processes and create work instructions to manufacture products
- Perform tasks assigned by other engineers
- Follow the standards of ISO 13485 and ISO 9001 International Standards
Please include personal e-mail when applying.
Advanced Powder Products provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.