APP is seeking a Financial Analyst to partner with all departments to deliver financial planning and analysis needed for the leadership team to make strategic, operational, and tactical decisions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 2+ years' experience in working with large sets of data and performing complex modeling and quantitative analysis.
- Expert level in Microsoft Excel including, but not limited to pivot tables, filtering, lookups, macros, Visual Basic, and dashboards.
- Experience with Power BI or other data visualization software strongly preferred.
- Experience with SQL or other database que
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deliver concise oral, written, and visual presentations appropriate for diverse audiences.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to ask appropriate questions; to be able to explain results, identify critical business issues, and make recommendations.
- Digest complex information sees trends and analysis through data and can efficiently and effectively convey findings to others.
- Constantly look for better ways to report business relevant data while ensuring data integrity.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving skills, ability to identify key business drivers and communicate complex issues/creative solutions.
- Detail oriented with an emphasis on accuracy and results.
- Ability to work either independently or with a team, depending on the task.
- Ability to manage several projects and tasks simultaneously.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with all departments throughout the organization (e.g., Sales, Operations, Engineering, Human Resources, and I.T.) to support company financial objectives and initiatives, including quantitative and qualitative analysis, business modeling, business cases, forecasting, budgeting, etc.
- Develop and maintain reporting for employees across the organization: develop and maintain accurate reporting that employees and managers can use to evaluate real time performance and diagnose root cause of business and operational issues.
- Performs financial analysis: Develops, maintains, and provides historical and prospective financial information and analyses. Involved in month-end close, credit analysis, forecasting, budgeting, and business decision support.
- Develop flexible models to evaluate the financial and business impact of various new and existing business initiatives under a range of assumptions and scenarios.
- Monitor and optimize business processes: Identifies performance issues and makes recommendations to management for remedial actions. Constantly looking for ways to enhance or make business processes more efficient where needed.
Please include personal e-mail when applying.
Advanced Powder Products provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.