Advanced Powder Products, Inc. (APP) is a fast growing high technology company that specializes in the development and manufacturing of net shape metallic components using Metal Injection Molding (MIM), and 3-D powder metal printing technologies. Using our trademarked technologies – protoMIM® and printalloy®, APP is the first choice of many OEM’s when rapid development of new components is required. We manufacture components that make our client’s surgical devices, hand tools, military and defense industries, and sporting goods function better.
Our technical staff is involved in developing and designing new products, implementing robotics systems, realizing process improvements, and employing state of the art equipment to support manufacturing. If you are looking for a career in a technology driven company, then come grow with us!
APP offers some of the best benefits in the Central Pennsylvania Region. These include: paid vacation, sick time, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K with company match, profit sharing, long-term and short-term disability, and life and AD&D insurance.
- Faster-than-average pace; ability to learn quickly, thoroughly, and in detail
- Must have very strong change management skills
- Setting and achieving specific standards for self and for others with an emphasis on schedule attainment, quality, and safety
- Experienced with ERP systems for planning and job management. Word/Excel/PowerPoint skills required.
- Previous experience in manufacturing environment in a significant leadership role
- Task-focused with action-oriented collaboration required
- Seeks and accepts decision, authority & responsibility
- Will effectively weigh risk against the benefit; while not cautious, a calculated decision maker
- A stimulating influence on others, while being firm, direct, and self-assured in dealing with them
- Prefers to delegate routine detail work; will follow up closely and critically for standards and schedule. Creates a disciplined process for areas of responsibility
- Capable of delegating some authority, with close follow-up and control
- Maintains control of overall agenda, includes others in a task-focused manner
- Oversee and lead all manufacturing areas and provide operators/technicians and shift supervisors with direction and priorities on daily, weekly, and monthly tasks to drive OTD
- Optimize production sequencing and resource allocation to ensure 95% OTD
- Identify and drive process improvements utilizing troubleshooting skills to optimize quality and efficiency
- Drive 5S, equipment maintenance, safety, and employee training /development
- Manage MRB and inventory levels, consistently driving continuous improvement in both areas to meet or exceed metrics
- Ability to start up and shutdown entire physical plant
- Responsible for coaching, training, and disciplining employees
- Facilities Manager backup
- Technical Degree and 3-5 years’ experience in manufacturing
- Problem solving skills utilizing Lean and/or 6 sigma tools
- Experience with Injection molding, PLC programming, or CNC programming a plus
Please include personal e-mail when applying.
Advanced Powder Products provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.