Advanced Powder Products, Inc. (APP) is hiring a Process Engineer to join our rapidly growing technology company. For over two decades, APP has been developing and manufacturing complex net-shape components using metal injection molding (MIM) and 3D metal printing technologies for the firearms, medical, industrial and defense industries. Our proprietary technologies, ProtoMIM® and Printalloy® position APP as the first choice for some of the largest Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) in the country. We design, engineer and produce metal components that improve the performance of our clients' medical devices, hand tools, firearms, and sporting goods.
At APP, we realize that we are only as good as our people. For that reason, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes paid vacation, sick time, paid holidays, 401k with company match, profit sharing, medical, dental, vision, long term and short-term disability life and AD&D insurance.
Guided by four core values, we tackle complex challenges and push the boundaries of the industry. We encourage fun. We strive for excellence. We foster accountability. We promote transparency. As we continue to grow, APP looks to hire self-driven individuals who move fast and think big. We are just getting started!
- Competency to manage specialized work efficiently and confidently
- Position requires above average attention to detail, concern for the exact correctness of work, and strong commitment to tasks completed on time
- Ability to function in faster-than-average pace work environment
- Must be able to give work directions and monitor task completion for accuracy and expediency
- Hands-on injection molding machine setup/operation – technical management of molding cell
- Maintain injection equipment and coordinate and/or perform repairs as required
- Collaborate with clients and tool vendors to optimize product and tool designs for manufacturability
- Fixture/gauge/tooling design and build – test new tooling and equipment while coordinating with tooling partners to make new tools and/or modifications as needed
- Oversee first runs, develop internal processes and maintain accountability for results and lead adjustments as required
- Perform injection molding Design of Experiments (DOE’s) with appropriate documentation
- B.S. in engineering or other technical discipline and 5+ years of experience with injection molding equipment and tool design
- Prior experience in Lean techniques (Kaizen, TPM, 5s, etc.)
- Strong understanding of blueprint reading and GD&T
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering drawings
- Minitab and Solid Works experience preferred
- Ability to design tooling, fixtures, and part using solid modeling software
- Automation experience and/or metal injection molding an advantage
- Working knowledge of medical device quality requirements (i.e. IQ, OQ and PQ), a plus