Advanced Powder Products, Inc. (APP) is hiring a Tooling Coordinator to join our rapidly growing technology company. For over two decades, APP has been developing and manufacturing complex net-shape components using metal injection molding (MIM) and 3D metal printing technologies for the firearms, medical, industrial and defense industries. Our proprietary technologies, ProtoMIM® and Printalloy position APP as the first choice for some of the largest Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) in the country. We design, engineer and produce metal components that improve the performance of our clients’ medical devices, hand tools, firearms, and sporting goods.
At APP, we realize that we are only as good as our people. For that reason, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes paid vacation, sick time, paid holidays, 401k with company match, profit sharing, medical, dental, vision, long term and short-term disability life and AD&D insurance.
Guided by four core values, we tackle complex challenges and push the boundaries of the industry. We encourage fun. We strive for excellence. We foster accountability. We promote transparency. As we continue to grow, APP looks to hire self-driven individuals who move fast and think big. We are just getting started!
- This position requires a high degree of specialized technical problem solving and ingenuity
- Must be driven, determined and self-disciplined to achieving timely results
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet customer/internal specifications and quality standards
- Job requires the ability to train others to make correct decisions
- Monitor, organize, and maintain injection molding tooling
- Inspect, measure, fit-up, and document new tools as they arrive
- Support molding engineer during the conditioning of new tools
- Repair damaged tooling by use of various tool repair techniques (welding, grinding, machining)
- Participate in tool vendor selection, evaluation, and management
- Assist with tooling concept layout
- Communicate with clients and vendors to ensure tools are delivered to specifications (schedules, costs, and modification)
- Oversee tooling throughout process, storage and inventory both internally and externally
- Design and build internal tooling and fixtures for sizing, assembly, quality, and sintering
- Operate vertical mill, surface grinders, CNC, and EDM
- Follow the standards of ISO 13485 and ISO 9001 International Standards
- Associates degree in Tool and Die or Machine Tool Technology
- 5 years of experience in tooling or engineering
- Ability to operate machine tools -- vertical mill, surface grinders, CNC, and EDM
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Solidworks, MasterCam, Adobe • Ability to lift 50 lbs.