Advanced Powder Products, Inc. (APP) is hiring a Tooling Designer to join our rapidly growing technology company. For over two decades, APP has been developing and manufacturing complex net-shape components using metal injection molding (MIM) and 3D metal printing technologies for the firearms, medical, industrial and defense industries. Our proprietary technologies, ProtoMIM® and Printalloy position APP as the first choice for some of the largest Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) in the country. We design, engineer and produce metal components that improve the performance of our clients’ medical devices, hand tools, firearms, and sporting goods.
At APP, we realize that we are only as good as our people. For that reason, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes paid vacation, sick time, paid holidays, 401k with company match, profit sharing, medical, dental, vision, long term and short-term disability life and AD&D insurance.
Guided by four core values, we tackle complex challenges and push the boundaries of the industry. We encourage fun. We strive for excellence. We foster accountability. We promote transparency. As we continue to grow, APP looks to hire selfdriven individuals who move fast and think big. We are just getting started!
- This ideal candidate should possess specialized technical problem-solving skills and ingenuity
- Ability to adhere to strong geometric dimensioning and tolerances
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate to management staff, technicians and associates working on the production floor
- Must be a driven and disciplined self-starter, who consistently achieves timely results
- Identify technical problems and develop sound, carefully thought-out solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Resolve complex technical issues in primary area of competence
- Design high and low volume injection molding tooling based on customer specifications
- Develop tooling standards utilizing lessons learned approach for enhancing designs
- Lead and manage cross departmental tool design review process
- Assist with tool vendor selection, evaluation and management
- Communicate with clients and tooling vendors on tooling concerns (schedules, cost, and modifications)
- Support the process of conditioning and debugging of new tools
- Accurately troubleshoot tooling problems on the manufacturing floor
- Generate tooling concept layouts
- Perform initial layouts for quoting
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in machining, plastics, mechanical, or other technical discipline
- 5 years of experience in tooling or engineering
- MS Office, Solidworks, Adobe, MasterCam preferred
- Knowledge of the operation of mills, lathes, grinders, sinker EDM, wire EDM, and CNC manufacturing machines
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes: molding, casting, metal forming, heat treatment, metal finishing and welding
- Familiarity of inspection equipment; gages, dial indicators, micrometers, comparator
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.